Posts tagged Peter Linneman
Last Week, Dr. Peter Linneman of NAI Global hosted a web conference on the global economic recovery. His presentation covered all aspects of commercial real estate, the general welfare of the economy, and thoughts on what needs to be done to help the recovery. Some key talking points from the presentation are below:
- Low demand for development (Commercial construction at a 50 year low)
- Household formation is up, but still remains low (High unemployment rate for household formers)
- GDP has rebounded, but still worse off (3%) on a per capita basis due to a 3% increase in population
- The economy is adding jobs, but we still have a long way to go (Have only recovered 21% of jobs across the nation)
- Pent-up households are declining
- Vacancy rates are declining slightly across the board (Industrial, Office, Multi-Family)
- Retail sales are back up (Still 3% less due to population increase)
To listen to the web conference in its entirety, click here to register.
Dr. Linneman, widely recognized as one of the leading strategic thinkers in the real estate industry, was recently cited as one of the 25 most influential people in real estate by Realtor Magazine. He serves as Principal of Linneman Associates.